NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSE REVIEW
& COMMUNITY CENTRE CONCEPT
In February 2017, the City of Whitehorse engaged TAP Consulting to undertake a study to explore the benefits and challenges of developing a potential new community hub as well as review the effectiveness and sustainability of the 10 Neighbourhood houses operating within the City. Through this study Council wishes to understand the following:
- The high level cost benefit analysis of supporting 10 Neighbourhood houses
- If the community’s needs being met at these Houses- how diverse are the programs
- Do Houses provide similar services as other community groups/Council facilities e.g. computer classes at Box Hill library and others
- Analysis of information that Council currently has to hand in regard to utilisation, programs etc.
- The trends relating to Neighbourhood houses both now and into the future
- Benchmarking with other municipalities in the Eastern region re: the number of Neighbourhood houses and how those Councils support them
- Could some of the smaller Neighbourhood houses be consolidated into the existing larger ones?
- Whether one or more Neighbourhood houses could be successfully consolidated into a new community hub facility at a particular site within the municipality.
City of Whitehorse
© 2018 TAP Consulting